Love Where You Work
Exciting Opportunities at Powell Economic Partnership
Average Day in Powell, Wyoming
Community Relations and Tourism Manager
The Powell Economic Partnership (PEP) is a leading Economic Development organization in Northwest Wyoming. PEP manages the Powell Chamber and Powell Visitor Center which puts our organization at the perfect intersection of creating industries, working with local businesses, and growing our visitor economy. The Powell Economic Partnership/ Powell Chamber/ Powell Visitor Center works to improve the quality of life and create wealth for the Powell Valley and Park County.
Why Work for the Powell Economic Partnership?
When you work for PEP, you make a big impact in our community. Do you want to make a difference? Join a team that knows Powell, Wyoming is a great place to live, work, and recreate.
Hard Work and Big Rewards
Economic development and creating attractions take time. This is an industry that looks far into the future. At PEP, we understand that economic development is a long game. We also understand the process to get there and celebrate every success along the way.
Powell, Wyoming is a great place to live and work. It is a safe community to ride bikes and take a stroll downtown to do some shopping, get a coffee, and a microbrew. Our idyllic downtown is “picture perfect”. Cultural events happen at Plaza Diane Center for the Arts, local museums, the public libraries, and Northwest College. Powell, Wyoming is your Gateway to Yellowstone.
Perfectly located in the Big Horn Basin, next to Yellowstone National Park’s East Gate and North East Gate. Powell is surrounded by public lands in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem. In Park County, 80% of our lands are managed by federal agencies. What does this mean? You are not only allowed but encouraged to discover the massive amounts of your lands in Park County, Wyoming.
Families also love Powell for the 125 acres of manicured city parks. Our public schools are amazing. Enjoy small class sizes, excellent teat scores, a culture of inclusiveness and always encouraging kids to do their best! Discover why you will Live Better in Powell, Wyoming.
This is a full-time, year-round position. Benefits are included. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties.
- Look for opportunities to partner with PEP stakeholders including the City of Powell, local businesses, the school district, community college, hospital, Park County and other
- Create Powell Pride in existing Programs, research and develop Powell and regional assets to include cultural, historical, and recreational and share them with community members
- Develop and execute community and member communications for email marketing and social channels
- Lead downtown development efforts in partnership with downtown merchants and key stakeholders
- Coordinate member networking events and the PEP Annual Reception
- Member relations with members that are in the travel and tourism industry
- Create products that generate revenue for the PEP and the travel and tourism industry in Powell and Park County
- Manage PEP programs that establish Powell, Wyoming as a gateway community to Yellowstone National Park
- Manage the Powell Interpretive Agricultural Tours program for bus tours, custom tours, and community tours
- Manage PEP events that fit into PEP mission and vision for the community
- Creatively and actively sell Powell area attractions to visitors
- Develop tourist itineraries
- Lead efforts for marketing and promotions of Powell which include website content, social media management, external email marketing communications, print and outdoor marketing, as well as track analytics and measure ROI
- Create and manage content for print, video, and digital platforms
- Maintain/update event calendar on website and promote through social media and email outlets as per event plan
- Display area attraction information, maps, and brochures in a neat and orderly manner and contact the appropriate attractions to provide additional materials when necessary
- Prepare convention bags, ag bags, or visitor/event bags
- Develop and strengthen relationships with other visitor centers, chambers, and organizations in the Bighorn Basin and Wyoming
- Advocate for Tourism in Powell and our Region
- Manage and coordinate efforts for key partners, and Powell Chamber events with special prioritization to Park County Travel Council sponsored events
- Maintain relevant metrics for measuring and tracking return on event promotions and advertising, including surveys, number of attendees and event follow up forms
- Track inquiries per the direction of the PEP Executive Director, including electronic, and in-person
- Establish and maintain an updated community facilities list
- Greet visitors at the Visitor Center
- Respond to all visitor information inquiries via phone, mail, and email
- Answer phone calls on behalf of the organization
Experience and Skills
- Proven track record of product development in one or more areas (education, travel and tourism, agriculture, the arts, or outdoor industry).
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in one of the following areas: community development, tourism, marketing, public relations, sales, or equivalent experience.
- Comfortable with databases, cloud storage and software programs including OneDrive, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, & Word), Constant Contact, Canva or other design programs
- Demonstrable experience providing strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to energize and manage volunteers
- Ability to network and build strategic partnerships/relationships
- Strong writing skills with a focus on crafting a narrative
- Research skills and an innate curiosity
- Working knowledge of social media, digital and traditional media
- Working knowledge of WordPress or other CMS
- Public speaking and presentations experience
- Must be able to physically stand for long periods of time, negotiate stairs and lift and carry boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Professional knowledge and experience working with advertising and marketing firms
- Graphic design is a plus
- Working knowledge of SEO is a plus
- Working knowledge of email marketing platforms
Salary based on experience and qualifications up to $50,000 per year. Full time employees are enrolled into an HSA and retirement program.
Employment at Powell Economic Partnership is at will for both the employer and employee. Powell Economic Partnership is an equal opportunity employer.
Email your resume and cover letter to Rebekah Burns, Executive Director of PEP/ Powell Chamber/ Powell Visitor Center [email protected]